Welcome to the Riverfront Broadcasting Covid-19 Coronavirus Information page. This page will provide links to the latest stories and press conferences regarding the coronavirus pandemic and information to keep you and your family safe along with community information regarding events and policies.
Cancelled or Postponed Events:
- Fort Pierre Women of Today will be canceling their annual Easter Egg Hunt normally held at SC football field on Easter Sunday
- The Oahe Family YMCA is CLOSED until further notice.
- Schools across South Dakota are CLOSED through May 1st
- Knights of Columbus Bingo is CANCELLED indefinitely
- American Legion Post 8 in Pierre is CLOSED
- The Cultural Heritage Center is CLOSED through May 3rd.
- The Pierre Senior Center will be CLOSED until May 4th
- The Boys & Girls Club of the Capital Area is CLOSED through May 1st.
- The US Army Corps of Engineers Missouri River management public meeting scheduled for April 7th at the Casey Tibbs Rodeo Center in Fort Pierre is CANCELLED
- The Pierre School District is offering free meals to students on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Meals are offered at Southeast Community Center Parking Lot 2315 E Park St, 11:30 – 12:15; Georgia Morse Middle School Back Highland Parking Lot 309 E Capitol Ave, 11:30 – 12:15. Buchanan Elementary 100 N Buchanan Ave, 12:30 – 1:15; Jefferson Elementary 900 N. Poplar Ave, 12:30-1:15.
- Pierre School District Kindergarten Screening has been POSTPONED until further notified.
- River Cities Public Transit operating hours are now 5 am to 9 pm CST. This situation will be assessed as circumstances change and the situation evolves
- Stanley County Courthouse are CLOSED to walk-in traffic. Fort Pierre City Offices are secured to public entry but city staff is still on duty working. Those needing to deal with city staff should call or use e-mail.
- Avera St. Mary’s Hospital, the Helmsley Center and Avera Medical Group Pierre are CLOSED to visitors to protect patients and staff from the spread of COVID-19. There may be exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Beginning Monday, April 6, Avera Medical Group Pierre Clinic urgent care hours will be Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – noon. Urgent care is by appointment only. These clinic practices are temporary. They were put in place to protect patients and employees, and conserve resources during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Rawlins Municipal Library and City Aquatics Center will remain CLOSED until further notice. Seasoned Citizens programming is SUSPENDED until further notice.
- Hughes County offices are CLOSED and will remain CLOSED until further notice. Staff in those offices will remain working and can be reached by telephone. The Courthouse for court services will remain OPEN. More information can be found on the Hughes County website
- The Right Turn has CLOSED their office, they are offering classes and services remotely. Computer and CPR classes are unavailable.
- Montana Dakota Utilities is taking actions to help customers avoid service interruptions. We will not be disconnecting customers for nonpayment during this time.
We have filed requests with our regulatory commissions for a waiver that allows the company to waive late fees.
And, as always, we will work with customers on payment plan options.For more information and to track updates on coronavirus related measures taken by Montana-Dakota Utilities, visit our website at www.montana-dakota.com.
- Philip Health Services (Nursing Home, Hospital & Silverleaf Assisted Living) is currently RESTRICTING ALL VISITORS at this time.
- The Pierre Police Department and Stanley County Sheriff’s Office is suspending new civil fingerprinting service appointment for at least the next week.
- The Pierre Police Department lobby is CLOSED to walk-in traffic
- The SD Discovery Center Exhibit Hall is CLOSED and all in-person programs CANCELLED until further notice. Check the Discovery Center’s Facebook page for science learning resources and other remote activities and programs.
- Black Hills Federal Credit Union Member Service Centers are CLOSED to walk-in traffic ONLY. Drive-up, ITM and ATM Service are still available to the public. If you need an in-person appointment call or text 605-718-1818 or 800-482-2428. Customers are also encouraged to use available on-line or mobile banking services.
- Audiology Associates is doing phone appointments only. They are still repairing hearing aides with pick-up at the door.