The Oahe YMCA will open on Thursday but there will be changes and restrictions in the facility. Oahe YMCA CEO Aaron Fabel listed on their website as well as listed on our website, the restrictions and guidelines for the reopening. Fabel says there will be more staff on hand for cleaning but it comes with reduced hours…
Fabel says they didn’t take the decision to reopen lightly…
And Fabel says the safety is the number one priority…
Other guidelines for reopening are that it will be members only for the current time as no guest passes will be issued. Your temperature will be checked upon entering the facility as the locker rooms will be closed, there will be no towel service and pickup basketball games will not be allowed in this phase.
Additionally, they will continue a rigorous cleaning schedule every day, and additional sanitation stations are available for individual wipe-downs of equipment. They ask that all members clean the equipment they use before and immediately after their workout. You can see the full restrictions below.
Oahe Family YMCA Reopening – Phase 1
- Effective Thursday, May 14, 2020
- Age Restriction: Youth under the age of 18 must be accompanied with a parent at all times
- Members Only: No guest passes will be issued.
- Daily Member Health Verification
– Temperature check and health status verification upon entering the facility – if you feel unwell, stay home.
- No Sweat Towel Service. We encourage you to bring your own.
- Area Closures & Modifications
- Alternating cardio machines are blocked off to ensure social distancing.
- Additional equipment, such as bikes and NuStep, are now available in the multipurpose room.
- Locker rooms, showers and saunas will remain closed until further notice. If you need to remove items from a locker, a staff person will be available to escort you.
- Restrooms are available near front lobby and basketball court only.
- Child Watch and Kid’s Gym remain closed until further notice. We are planning for Summer Day Camp to begin June 1.
- Group Fitness Classes suspended until phase 2 reopening to allow for necessary procedures, policies and staff training. Virtual classes will continue via Facebook live and ymca360.org.
- Area Capacities – Maintain 6’ social distance at all times
- Basketball court – 16 individuals or 8 per half.
- No pickup games at this time.
- Basketballs can be checked out at front desk. Staff will clean before reissuing.
- Track & Cardio Area – 20 individuals
- Weight Room – 10 individuals
- Cybex Room – 6 individuals
- Aquatic Center – 1 person per lane.
- Lap swim only.
- Hours: 6 a.m. – 10 a.m. and Noon – 7:30 p.m.
- Y Pool – 8 individuals.
- Hours: 10 a.m. – Noon, Monday – Friday.
- Lap swim and water walking only.