The Pierre Swim Team (PST) sent 13 members to the Rapid City Christmas Classis swim meet in Rapid City on Dec. 8-10.
Top finishers for PST were:
- Katelynn Axtell – 1st 200 backstroke
- Canyon Jones – 1st 50 and 200 freestyle, 1st 200 back, 1st 100 butterfly
- Morgan Jones – 1st 1000 freestyle and four 2nd place finishes
- David Stagg – 1st 100 breast stroke, 1st 100 and 200 butterfly, four 2nd place finishes
- Ann Tjeerdsma – 3rd 100 free, a 4th and two 5th place finishes
- Ella Ward-Zellar – 1st 1000 freestyle, 200 breast, 200 butterfly and four 2nd place finishes
- Mason Ward-Zellar – 1st 200 freestyle, 50 and 100 breast stroke, 50 and 100 butterfly and the 100 and 200 individual medley events
- Michelle Weiss – 1st 50, 100, 200 and 500 freestyle and 2nd 100 and 200 individual medley events.
All PST members swam well. Several members of the squad shaved impressive amounts of time. Notable improvements by PST swimmers were
- Elliott Carbonneau cut 16.29 seconds in the 100 backstroke
- Presly Frost improving her 25 butterfly by 6.04
- Gunner Jones taking an amazing 30.31 off of his 200 free
- Luke Konenkamp improving 6.3 on his 50 free
- Jack Konenkamp swimming 3.14 seconds from his best 50 free time.
The PST boys 200 free relay team of Gunner Jones, Mason Ward-Zellar, David Stagg and Jack KonenKamp placed 2nd in that event with a time of 2:29.51.
PST will be sending 19 members to the Sioux Falls Swim Team Invitational on Dec. 15-17 before taking time off for the holiday season.