Here are the latest weather related announcement in to us at Riverfront Broadcasting:
- Agar-Blunt-Onida: CLOSED
- Chamberlain: N-A
- Cheyenne-Eagle Butte: CLOSED
- Cheyenne River College Center n-a
- Crow Creek Head Start: CLOSED And Early Head Start
- Crow Creek Tribal: CLOSED
- Haakon County: n-a
- Highmore-Harrold: n-a
- Kadoka: n-a
- Kimball: 1 hour late, buses on emergency routes
- Lower Brule: CLOSED
- Lower Brule Community College: CLOSED
- Lyman: N-A
- Mellette County: N-A
- Miller: CLOSED
- Stanley County: n-a
- Tiospaye Topa: N-A
- White River: N-A
- State Offices in central South Dakota will be OPENING at Noon
- The Onida Clinic will be CLOSED Friday March 15. It will be open regular hours on Monday.
- City of Pierre garbage collection service scheduled for Thursday will be postponed until Friday, March 15.
- The City of Pierre has issued an Emergency Snow Alert. Effective immediately, the city will begin curb-to-curb snow removal on Emergency Snow Routes. Once Emergency Routes are cleared, plowing will move to residential streets. Because of major drifting, plowing is expected to carry into Thursday night.
- NO TRAVEL in Fort Pierre until winds have calmed down. Snow Routes are in effect, NO PARKING, NO TRAVEL
- At this time, Sully County is advising NO TRAVEL in and around Sully County. Conditions may not improve until sometime Friday.
- No Unnecessary Travel is advised on Stanley County Roads until further notice. Blowing and drifting snow has made most of the roads impassable and unsafe.
- Crow Creek Sioux Tribe CLOSED
- Fort Thompson Indian Health Service CLOSED due to emergency grounds and building maintenance
- Lower Brule Indian Health Service Clinic OPENING at 12:30 pm
- Boys and Girls Club OPENING at 12:00 pm
- NO Meals on Wheels Today
- South Dakota Urban Indian Health Clinic OPENING at12:00 pm
- US Forest Service Fort Pierre Ranger District office will OPEN at 10 am
- City of Fort Pierre offices will OPEN at noon
Roads: As of 5:24 am (3-15-19)
- US-83: Potter County, to I-90/Vivian, BLOCKED/IMPASSIBLE. I-90/Vivian to Murdo CLOSED!! Murdo to the White River, NO TRAVEL ADVISED. South of the White River, Scattered Ice and Slippery.
- US-14: Miller to Harrold, NO TRAVEL ADVISED. Harrold to Hayes, BLOCKED/IMPASSIBLE. Hayes to Phillip, NO TRAVEL ADVISED.
- SD-34: Gann Valley to Mac’s Corner, NO TRAVEL ADVISED. Mac’s Corner to Hayes, BLOCKED/IMPASSIBLE. Hayes to SD-73 North, NO TRAVEL ADVISED
- SD-1806: BLOCKED/IMPASSIBLE
- SD-1804: 12 miles south of US-212 to SD-273: NO TRAVEL ADVISED
- SD-273: Snow/Ice/Slippery
- SD-63: Foster Bay to I-90/Belvidere, NO TRAVEL ADVISED.
- SD-73: SD-34 West to I-90, NO TRAVEL ADVISED.
- SD-53: Snow/Ice/Slippery
- SD-183: Snow/Ice/Slippery
- SD-50: SD-34 to Chamberlain, NO TRAVEL ADVISED!!.
- SD-47: Faulk County line to Fort Thompson, NO TRAVEL ADVISED!! Fort Thompson to SD-49, Snow/Ice/Slippery
- SD-45: Faulk County line to I-90 NO TRAVEL ADVISED!!.
- SD-26: SD-47 to Hand/Spink line, BLOCKED/IMPASSIBLE
- I-90: Kimball to Kadoka, Scattered Ice and Slippery. Wall to Rapid City is open WESTBOUND ONLY